Learn How to Manage Conflict
IS CONFLICT A BAD THING?
Conflict has always been perceived as a negative emotion. Be it the conflict in your head or with someone else, people always try to avoid it as they think it is something that will only bring stress and confusion in their lives.
You may have been blind to the benefits of conflict this whole time.
Just like most adversities in life, conflict can be used as a creative opportunity to create change, and lead to personal and professional growth. If you know-how to manage and navigate conflicts the right way, you will be more confident, definitive, and insightful at the other end of the tunnel.
IT'S TIME TO CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE
This is what this course will teach you—the art of managing conflicts for personal and professional growth.
The approach of this course applies the Principled Negotiation with a win-win focus on interests to create value developed by Harvard University which they designed “to produce wise outcomes efficiently and amicably.”
The offerings of this course can be boiled down into three parts.
THE METHODOLOGIES YOU WILL EXERCISE DURING THE COURSE
During the course, you will be:
Defining the problem in terms of needs, brainstorming possible options and select the solution that will meet the needs of both parties
- Applying the Harvard Principles of collaborative negotiation
- Analysing conflict from the perspective of ‘The Third Side’ in negotiation or going to the balcony
- Implementing all stages of negotiation that includes: Preparation, Interaction, Close and Review
- Interacting during a negotiation that entails establishing rapport between parties and considering power positions
- Applying strategies to handle the hidden agenda of the negotiation, when the other party does not live up to their part of the bargain and when unfair tactics are used
THE INSIGHTS YOU WILL LEARN THROUGHOUT THE COURSE
Throughout the course, you'll learn how to:
- Define and apply the principles of managing conflict
- Handle differences with others constructively
- Cope with difficult emotions and manage unwillingness in others to resolve the conflict
- Prepare for negotiation incorporating both sides of the case and applying a range of tools
- Implement logistical considerations for negotiations
- Design and implement an action plan for the negation outcome
- Evaluate the success of the negotiation process and consider learning points for future negotiation
- Practice forgiveness in a conflict situation
THE MINDSET YOU WILL CHANGE AFTER THE COURSE
Toward the end of this course, you will:
- Stop seeing conflicts as negative
- Learn how to find opportunities in adversity
- Become more aware of your abilities to manage conflict
- Be able to discriminate between functional dysfunctional conflict, types and levels of conflict
- Identify conflict-handling behaviour styles with strengths and weaknesses of each style
Cost of Course
$347AUD | £197GBP | $247USD | $380NZD | €234EUR