HLTAID011 Provide First Aid and Low Voltage Rescue
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid is the minimum requirement for workplace first aid compliance.
In this course, you will learn the skills and knowledge to be able to provide first aid response and life support, manage casualty(ies), the incident, and other first aiders, until qualified emergency help arrives at the scene of the incident.
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid is trained in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
This course covers skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation.
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders, and casualty.
- Seek assistance from emergency services.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with Australian.
- Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles.
- Manage the casualty in a respectful manner.
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible.
- Operate first aid equipment according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Monitor the condition of the casualty and respond in accordance with first aid principles.
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services.
- Report details of incidents in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures.
- Complete applicable workplace or site documentation, including incident report form.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies.
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required.
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required.
You will receive a PDF Statement of Attainment in HLTAID011 Provide First Aid emailed to you. Certificate issued by Accredited Training Company (RTO: 31549)
Practical sessions can be booked with a trainer who will come to your site and assess your staff
Practical Assessments can be done by Zoom as long as you have access to the equipment.
Cost of Course