HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) course covers the knowledge and skills required to provide CPR, manage and assess an emergency situation, use an automatic external defibrillator (AED), understand DRSABCD and the First Aider's legal responsibilities. Provide CPR is trained and assessed in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
This needs to be done every 12-months to maintain your qualification. Every three (3) years it is included in the HLTAID011 Perform First Aid.
This course covers skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Recognise and assess an emergency situation.
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders and casualty.
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
- Seek assistance from emergency services.
- Perform CPR in accordance with the ARC guidelines.
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty.
- Operate an automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturers' instructions.
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services.
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies.
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required.
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required
You will receive a PDF Statement of Attainment in HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation emailed to you. Certificate issued by Accredited Training Company (RTO: 31549)
Practical sessions can be booked with a trainer who will come to your site and assess your staff
Practical Assessments can be done by Zoom as long as you have access to the equipment.
Cost of Course